Back to top


Click here to go back

Filing an Extension

Posted by Mannia Posted on Mar 20 2013

If you can't meet the April 15 deadline to file your tax return, you can get an automatic six-month extension of time to file from the IRS. The extension will give you extra time to get the paperwork into the IRS, but it does not extend the time you have to pay any tax due. You will owe interest on any amounts not paid by the April deadline, plus a late payment penalty if you have paid less than 90 percent of your total tax by that date.  Click Full Article to continue....

Full Article    Save Article    Email Firm    Share This 

Add New Comment